Dr. Hay and his staff are one of the most talented and caring dental practices I have had the good fortune to experience. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone needing dental services. They go above and beyond to make you feel welcomed and comfortable during your visits.
Repair Your Dental Health With Oral Surgery in Paducah
Needing oral surgery in Paducah is often a necessary part of keeping your smile healthy and intact. You can feel at ease if you require this type of procedure, especially when in the hands of Dr. William E. Hay. He has 35 years of experience treating patients and providing top-tier dental care. With his help, you will:
- Move to the next stage of your treatment plan with ease
- Prepare your mouth for dental implants
- Save healthy teeth from a harmful infection
- Make your gumline look more attractive
- Minimize the need to visit an outside oral surgeon
Call 270-818-8388 for an appointment. No insurance? We’re okay with that. Join our Membership Plan for savings on your treatment.
We’ll Make Your Surgical Procedure a Stress-Free Experience
Recommending dental surgery is not a decision we take lightly. Dr. Hay will only advise this type of treatment if it’s absolutely necessary for the betterment of your oral health or to restore your dental function. We make sure the entire process is pain-free by numbing your mouth with local anesthesia. Dr. Hay lessens the sting with a special technique. You can also get deep sedation with the help of our anesthesiologist, if desired.
Our surgical treatments include:
- Tooth Removal – If an infected tooth puts healthy teeth at risk, it may be necessary to remove it. Once you have had a chance to heal, your dentist will discuss your replacement options.
- Wisdom Teeth Extraction – These third molars can cause problems with your smile. Dr. Hay can remove many wisdom teeth but will recommend you visit an outside specialist if your teeth have become impacted.
- Cosmetic Gum Surgery – Enhance the beauty of your gumline with cosmetic gum surgery. We may also need to perform this procedure if your teeth are too short for veneers or a dental crown.
- Ridge Augmentation – This will recreate the contours of your gum and jaw in preparation for a dental implant or to restore a healthy facial appearance.
- Bone Graft – If you have bone loss in your jaw, this will replenish the jawbone so it can support implants.
- Sinus Lift – Your dentist will raise the sinus area if you are getting implants in your upper jaw.
- Gum Grafting – If you have lost gum tissue, Dr. Hay will restore your gumline for a healthier appearance. It will also help avoid tooth loss and other dental problems.
I am so pleased with the amount of time Dr. Hay took to examine my records & my CT scan & explain the next process needed in my care! His entire staff is extremely caring & helpful as well! I will be sharing photos soon! I can’t wait to have a beautiful smile again! Thank you Dr. Hay for the exceptional care I received!
Dr. Hay has put together one of the best office staff and dental associates I have ever encountered. Everyone there is so friendly and down to earth. Dr. Hay and wife Nicky are so kind and thorough if it’s a checkup all the way to dentures. I highly recommend Dr. Hay’s dental practice to anyone. If you are not smiling when you get there; you’ll be smiling when you leave!
I can’t express enough how pleased I am with Dr Hay and his wonderful staff! I couldn’t be happier with my results and also the feeling that I leave with after each visit. They feel like family.
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Hay since he came to Paducah. I agree with others that the office staff and dental assistant are kind, knowledgeable, and efficient. Dr. Hay is a talented clinician who has earned our trust and respect. Thank you so much!
My experience with smile restoration with Dr Hay has been amazing! He and his staff are super welcoming and accommodating! Dentist for life!
I had a great experience on my visit. Dr. Hay was very caring and gave me valuable information, in addition to a comprehensive check up. They come highly recommended! Thank you again, and see you next time!
I would highly recommend Dr. Hay and his staff, I hadn’t been to the dentist in 15 years because of past bad experiences and I was a nervous wreck going to the dentist. When I walked in I was met by Alisha who is so sweet and calming, then I met Nikki and together they got me calmed down, took my X-rays and then Dr. Hay came in explained everything I needed done and what options I had, I was so happy to hear they offered sedation. I needed lots of work and I was put under sedation, woke up and had a beautiful smile! If you want a dentist office that makes you honestly feel comfortable and relaxed go see Dr. Hay and his staff you will feel completely different about going to the dentist. I no longer have a fear and enjoy going to get a teeth cleaning.
Everyone is so nice!!! If you want to be treated with respect and have someone care about you. Go see Dr. Bay and his staff !!!
A great team of people gave me my smile back. Dr Hay did an amazing job!
There are many reasons you may need an oral surgery procedure. One of the most common is to remove teeth, whether you need to make room for dentures or another restoration or to avoid future dental problems. You may also need cosmetic gum surgery to restore attractive gums. If you are getting implants, you may need a procedure such as a bone graft or sinus lift to ensure your jaw is strong enough to support them.
For the first 24 hours after your oral surgery, you should not exercise at all. Doing too much too fast can create problems and prolong healing. Overexertion can loosen the blood clot from an extraction site and cause a painful condition known as dry socket. After the first 24 hours, limit your exercise to low-impact activities for several more days.
The type of oral surgery you have will determine how much discomfort you feel, but rest assured we always provide the most comfortable dental care we can. For most of the oral surgery procedures we perform, over-the-counter pain relievers will take care of any discomfort. If needed, your dentist can prescribe something stronger to help you through the healing process.